Cleared to land

27.4.06

Trying again

Oh dear... is it really over a year since I last posted? Like many blogs, this one was started with good intentions, and didn't last very long! Anyhow, I think it's time I got started again.

The major happening for me in VATSIM this year was that I took on the post of Vice-President (Communications), which makes me a member of the Board of Governors.

The Board of Governors (commonly known as the BoG - from a UK point of view not the best choice of name as the "bog" is slang for the toilet/restroom, or whatever you like to call it) consists of the President and a number of Vice-Presidents. The Governors have overall oversight and decision making power in the organisation, but operational management is the responsibility of the Directors. There are 7 regional directors, and the regions are divided into divisions (either a country or a group of countries) each headed by its own Divisional Director, supported by a team of staff. And all of these are volunteers, which considering the amount of time they put in is quite amazing!

So I now have responsibility for Public Relations for VATSIM as a whole, as well as overseeing the website at www.vatsim.net, supervising the forums at forums.vatsim.net, and generally trying to keep communications flowing. I also get my say in strategic discussions and decision making.

That's only the factual side of it - my plan is to use this blog to give a bit more insight into how VATSIM functions, and perhaps improve communications and see how we can make it better. (And I might also learn how to use HTML a bit better!)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home